The Sidney-Shelby County Chamber of Commerce is committed to promoting a safe workplace. As a service to our membership we offer a variety of programs, seminars, and other resources to assist our member companies in their efforts to ensure the safety of their employees and visitors.
Sidney-Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Safety Accountability Letter (click to view)
WORKPLACE SAFETY RESOURCES
Bureau of Workers Compensation
Ohio Division of Safety and Hygiene
Ohio Division of Safety and Hygiene
(800) 837-3200 ext. 7114
Ohio BWC Safety Services Catalog
CLICK HERE to view the complete collection of FREE programs, services and resources available to help keep employees safe.
Ohio BWC 10 Step Business Plan for Safety
CLICK HERE to view the most comprehensive guideline available to initiate and sustain employee safety in your workplace.
Ohio BWC Web Based On Line Safety Training Programs - FREE
Ohio BWC Video and DVD Library - FREE
Shelby County Safety Council Training Library
The Shelby County Safety Council maintains a comprehensive library of training programs available to Chamber members to assist with their in-house employee training efforts. To reserve the program of your choice, call the Chamber at 492-9122.
For a complete list of all programs available, CLICK HERE.
Workers Comp Group Rating
Chamber members can save significantly on their workers’ compensation premiums by joining the Sidney-Shelby County Chamber of Commerce workers’ compensation program administered by CareWorks Consultants, Inc. (CCI).
We partner with CareWorks Consultants to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorks Consultants embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The Chamber and CareWorks Consultants can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
· Group Rating – CCI’s group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the Chamber. In 2010 the program’s estimated return on investment averaged 520%.
· Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected as high as 48% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating.
· Deductible Program – This program offers discounts (up to 77%) on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount.
· 100% EM Cap – Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases.
· Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others.
· Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. CareWorks Consultants serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks Consultants has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, go to www.careworksconsultants.com/groupratingapplication/Sidney-Shelby. You may also contact CareWorks Consultants’ Jason Bainum toll-free at 1 (800) 837-3200 ext. 7114.